Thursday, October 2, 2008

....

lately i've been in a creative slump. i just haven't been happy with any of my art so i decided to look online for some inspiration. here are some of the pieces i really like:

this painting is by salvador dali. it was meant to warn soldiers about contracting diseases from having sex with european prostitutes.


i can't believe the detail, escher


escher again


and again


salvador dali


salvador dali, this blows my mind


i can't figure out how they got the water to go in that weird of a stream. this is a photo of dali but i'm not sure who took it.


escher again. perfect proportions


escher


then i went onto deviantart.com.
http://charlie77.deviantart.com/


http://ileana-s.deviantart.com/


i hope this helps.

3 comments:

Alycia said...

there isnt anything better than Dali and Escher. Everytime I see an Escher piece, I always think of David Bowie on the Escher stairs in the Labyrinth, oh how our worlds collide! Do you know the Dali piece of the buning Giraffe? the main focus are these woman made of drawers, but theirs this little giraffe burning in the background and i will sell my soul to get a tattoo of it. i love you dear. i hope you're inspired soon.

Alycia said...

p.s, if you want you can borrow those dali books i got in montreal!

Alycia said...

oh my god, i will stop commenting. but you know how i talked about the burning giraffe? in the beginning i wanted the main drawer woman up my ribs but i thought to myself no way in hell will i ever trust a tattoo artist enough to do this full out complicated dali on my body, and the giraffe is simple and little and not a huge artistic feat... then, i came across this!!!

http://z.hubpages.com/u/108035_f496.jpg

thats the burning giraffe woman! tattooed on some guys hairy ass leg. ugh! and its actually fairly well done! though not perfect. anyway, that would've looked so much better up my ribs. fuck. hahaha.